Wild wild west


3 provinces - Quebec, New-Brunswick and Ontario - and 10 states - Maine, New-York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska (who goes to Nebraska?) and now, South Dakota - in 3 months!

I’m in Mitchell, South Dakota.  The mythic gate to the west, as mum said to me.  South Dakota is really a beautiful state.  The sky is amazing and the sunset is beyond georgous!  I liked Iowa - even if it’s flat as a pancake and the only thing i saw was corn and soy.  I did meet a fly there.  She got in our RV in Iowa City and got off in Yankton, South Dakota.  I guess she needed a ride...

For the first time since i’m on the road, i had a cultural “awakening”.  See, where i come from, no body carries a gun, except for hunting season, which lasts about 1 month in fall.  We don’t even see people with their riffles as they hide them as far away from others as possible.  But here, everybody seems to have one!  I mean, some stores even have a front desk where you can leave your gun while you shop for another one!!!  This particular store even has an exterior kennel/corral where people put their dogs/horses before heading to the restaurant!  Isn’t it the craziest thing ever??!!

This is the wild wild west my friend...  I just hope my parents won’t leave me in one of those cages...

Like i said, we spent our first night in Mitchell and i think i saw a baby cougar (or maybe a mountain lion?) - or it might have been a cat on steroids, i’m not sure.  It was very muscular, it had a long tail, short ears and its fur was beige.  I also saw a real american eagle!

I’m very excited because tomorrow, we’ll be heading to the Badlands and Mt Rushmore.  After that, we’ll be in Wyoming and then, Utah.  It’s been really great so far, i never thought our road trip accross the US would be so cool!  (I know, i was supposed to meet some friends in Chicago but i’m not the one driving the RV!)

Now, paws crossed, i hope i’ll have an internet access to show you some of the pictures mum will take on the road.

Talk to you soon! Love you all!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a fab time! I'm really envious of all the amazing things you're seeing :) Can't WAIT to see pics, Lulu! x

    ReplyDelete